Re: UUNet Routing SNAFU

  • From: Mike Norris
  • Date: Thu Oct 09 11:37:14 1997

>Not quite, part or all 62/8 is being assigned by RIPE NCC in Europe, and
>they don't give out smaller netblocks than /19's. We have 62.216/19
>for example. The not smaller than /19 is common policy of RIPE btw.

RIPE are indeed assigning from all of 62.0.0.0/8 and, as per
the policy and procedures document ripe-155, are doing so as
Miquel says i.e. in blocks of /19 or more.  On Monday, the RIPE
NCC reported 50 allocations so far, with almost 75% of these
appearing in the routing tables.  It would be nice if we all
got really classless and made this 100%.

Mike Norris