Re: OSPF Vs EIGRP

  • From: Shaun S. Amini
  • Date: Wed Oct 08 19:22:35 1997

Majority of Networks are running OSPF and a few larger ones like UUNET are
running
ISIS. For the most part, you will never need run ISIS.
My recommendation would be to implement OSPF, it has a lot more knobs for
tuning.
If you are careful, you can even run OSPF and EIGRP together during the
migration period
and migrate one site at a time without any down time.

At 04:50 PM 10/8/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Dave do you know of any Global Corporations that are using EIGRP ?
>IF so, what do they do when a major merger takes place and the corporation
aquires a large amount of non Cisco routers throughout their newely aquired
global network ?   I have also been trying to locate a case study of the
percentage of global IP networks currently using OSPF Vs EIGRP and any
recent trends towards one or the other ?

With Regards,
Shaun S. Amini
[email protected]
www.diginetusa.net