Re: UUNet Routing SNAFU

  • From: Kevin Oberman
  • Date: Wed Oct 08 16:02:56 1997

> From: "C. Harald Koch" <[email protected]>
> Date: Wed, 8 Oct 1997 14:38:49 -0400
> Sender: [email protected]
>
> Proper PRDB based filters would have stemmed this too. Why isn't everyone
> using them these days?

Been at this for a few years, I bet. The PRDB is long dead. These days
I suggest building filters from the IRR registries.

There are problems (depending on router) in filtering the larger
providers like UUNET and MCI. The lists get pretty long. And
SprintLink does not participate in the IRR beyond registering routes,
so it's not that easy. It is a VERY good idea, though.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)