Re: UUNet Routing SNAFU

  • From: Michael Dillon
  • Date: Wed Oct 08 13:40:21 1997

>At this time I am receiving a ton of bogus routes originating from AS701.
>This
>AS has hijacked all the /24 subnets of 128.1 through 128.1xx.  Since the more
>specific route prevails in the cidr world they have managed to wipe out my
>network 128.9.0.0 not to mention a hundred other 128.x networks.

Isn't this the kind of problems that the Doran filters are supposed to prevent?

I understand that it is not to everyone's benefit to filter on the /19
boundary like Sprint does but it seems to be prudent to adopt a /8 filter
on most of the old class A space and a /16 filter on the old class B space.
Other than the need to update these filters as the former class A space is
subdivided I can see no major downside.

Comments?

Michael Dillon                    voice: +1-650-482-2840
Senior Systems Architect            fax: +1-650-482-2844
PRIORI NETWORKS, INC.              http://www.priori.net

"The People You Know.  The People You Trust."