Re: [NOOP] 24x7 NOC..

  • From: Doug McClure
  • Date: Fri Oct 03 10:50:18 1997

How about what I had to live with for 8 years in Navy Satellite
Communications:  2-48-2-72. It consisted of 4 watch sections, with a
rotation of 2-12 hour days, then 48 hours off, 2-12 hour mids, then 72
hours off.  I enjoyed this and had plenty of time to be involved in the
projects that the day staff was involved with.  You always knew your
schedule and could have a family life as well.  It'll screw with your
sleeping schedule but overall it worked for the military and I'm sure it'd
work in a NOC environment.

Doug