Re: Netcom Contact ?

  • From: Raymond Wong
  • Date: Thu Oct 02 02:43:56 1997

Mike wrote:

>>Does anyone have a contact at Netcom that understands that SMTP is not
>>transported via POP (or port 110) and who could possibly figure out why
>>Netcom's mail servers are unreachable by us and several other providers?
>
>I just got off the phone with the manager of System Administration and
>he's going to investiage any possible problems with Netcom's mail servers.

Investigate?  He's not already aware of there being some issues with
mail servers?

>From netcom shell account /etc/motd files:
>09-21-97   We are currently experiencing technical difficulties with our
>           shell mail servers. Shell customers may experience deferred
>           connections and/or bounced mail. We are working diligently to
>           resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

Gee, any bets whether anyone's considered that inbound and outbound mail
servers might have the same problem, considering that half the listed mail
exchangers are the shell machines themselves? :)
Another fine case of left and right hands going on here, it seems.

You'll probably coincidentally reach the right person just as they
finally get around to fixing the problem, of course.

Ray Wong                                               PO BOX 6163
[email protected], [email protected]                 Hayward, CA 94540-6163
Member #11537, Deborah Gibson International Fan Club
Co-Founder and Charter Member, Sutton Foster International Fan Club