Netcom Contact ?

  • From: Jim Browne
  • Date: Wed Oct 01 15:00:50 1997

Here we go again.

Does anyone have a contact at Netcom that understands that SMTP is not
transported via POP (or port 110) and who could possibly figure out why
Netcom's mail servers are unreachable by us and several other providers?

I would forward the responses from Netcom's front level support, but
unfortunately nanog-humor doesn't exist.

For Randy, here's what we've tried so far:

1)    NETCOM Network Management  (NETCOM-NM)  [email protected]
      (408) 881-1810
      [ phone AND email ]

2)    NETCOM DNS Administration  (NETCOM-DNS)  [email protected]
      888-698-HELP
      [ phone AND email ]

3) [Upstream 1's] Netcom peering contact
4) [Upstream 2's] Netcom peering contact (Netcom's business office)

5) Calling and asking for "Mike Newton" (listed on AS2551 @ whois.ra.net )

6) Calling Netcom's business office.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

If anyone at Netcom with authority gets this, read [NETCOMticket#233593]
for entertainment.

Jim Browne                                                [email protected]
        "She may be good for nothing, but she's not bad for nothing."
                                - Mae West