IE4 goes live; Imminent Death of the Net predicted

  • From: Jay R. Ashworth
  • Date: Tue Sep 30 17:30:09 1997

Advance warning:

-----Forwarded message from "Charles Oppermann" <[email protected]>-----

From: "Charles (Chuck) Oppermann" <[email protected]>
Subject: IE4 goes live @ 7pm PT
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 14:10:43 -0700

Dear friends,
Internet Explorer version 4.0 goes live on http://microsoft.com  in
between 6pm and 7pm PT today, September 30!  This is a product that I've
worked on and I'm very proud of. In case you're interested, my
contribution to the product was the accessibility options dialog box,
various UI and HTML features, and exposing the Dynamic HTML Object Model
through Microsoft Active Accessibility.

[ snippage ]

The following Internet Service Providers (ISPs) are also offering IE4
from their sites:
*	Concentric
*	AT&T
*	EarthLink
*	Erol's
*	GTE
*	MCI
*	MindSpring
*	NETCOM
*	Prodigy
*	Sprint
*	SPRYNET

It's a big download - 22mb approximately for the full installation - so,
you might want to just order the CD-ROM from Microsoft.  Information on
doing that is at the above listed web sites.

-----End of forwarded message-----

Y'all have fun now, y'hear?  >:-)

Cheers
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                                                [email protected]
The Suncoast Freenet      "People propose, science studies, technology