Re: URL: Spammers Lose Access, CyberPromo Still Out!

  • From: Dannyman
  • Date: Sun Sep 28 00:42:32 1997

On Mon, Sep 22, 1997 at 04:13:42PM -0400, Paul Ferguson wrote:
> See:
>
>  http://www.zdnet.com/intweek/daily/970922e.html

This actually seems relevant to NANOG, maybe ...

I sent a message to Agis when I first read this article, thanking them for
doing what they had to do, and wishing Sanford ill in his legal threats. Of
course, I cc'ed [email protected], just to be a jerk about it.

The address @cyberpromo just got bounced, the "couldn't send message in five
days" spiel - as far as I can tell, the spam-meister's been out of comission
for a week ...

(Not that I seem to be getting any less, but it's heartening to see one of
the big wigs get really screwed!)

--
  //Dan  -=-     This message brought to you by [email protected]    -=-
\\/yori  -=-    Information - http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/djhoward/   -=-