Re: Traffic Engineering

  • From: John A. Tamplin
  • Date: Thu Sep 18 00:01:03 1997

On Wed, 17 Sep 1997, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:

> > We do this already, but the main problem we run into is customers are
> > hesitant to buy services from a direct competitor.  Doesn't matter that we
> > are cheaper or have good connectivity, but that they don't want to have to
> > sell against who they are buying services from.  The fact the MCI/Sprint/etc
> > all sell local access doesn't seem to bother them as much.
>
> Ok... so only sell to resellers?  Does that cut too far into the profit
> margin?

Well, that would mean dumping a known, profitable set of customers for a much
smaller set of potential customers.  Perhaps a startup could choose to
target those customers, but we can't afford to throw away what we have
built up.

John Tamplin					Traveller Information Services
[email protected]				2104 West Ferry Way
205/883-4233x7007				Huntsville, AL 35801