Re: Am I the bonehead or is it SprintLink?

  • From: Brian Horvitz
  • Date: Tue Sep 16 13:48:42 1997

Could be that they physically handle full and partial T1 circuits on
different facilities.  I would imagine that Sprint brings in many circuits
on a large trunk so, to avoid the interruption of moving one end of the
circuit which could take it down for hours while the telco does their work,
they just install a new circuit and the customer does a cutover.

	Brian

At 12:43 PM 9/16/97 -0400, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
>On Tue, Sep 16, 1997 at 09:11:52AM -0700, Ehud Gavron wrote:
>> >We currently have SprintLink T-1 service.   We have very low
utilization on
>> >that link, and so save money we requested to be downgraded to 256K.
>> >Well, BellSouth just showed up to install our "new" T-1 to SprintLink.
Huh?
>> >I told them to go away until I had more information.
>> >Is SprintLink being a bonehead or am I just totally clueless?
>>
>> 	Downgrading?  There's no such thing.  Upgrading service is
>> 	common and installation charges are often waived.  Downgrading
>> 	means you requested a new install of a 256K circuit.  Now
>> 	you could try and specify that they use the same span, but
>> 	your salesperson is unlikely to want to do that -- because
>> 	it cause MORE paperwork for them for a lesser return.
>
>IOW, Sprint _is_ being a bonehead.
>
>No, he did _not_ request an install of a new 256K circuit.  No,
>downgrading does _not_ mean that.  My suggection would be, if they're
>going to be that stupid, and you have to have a new circuit installed
>anyway... get it from someone else.
>
>Cheers,
>-- jra
>--
>Jay R. Ashworth
[email protected]
>Member of the Technical Staff             Unsolicited Commercial Emailers
Sued