Re: ATM (was Re: too many routes)

  • From: Geoff Huston
  • Date: Sun Sep 14 18:44:58 1997

Photons propagate at 0.65c in fibre - the exact speed does vary
depending on whether its single or multimode fibre.  As I
dimly recall single mode fibre is every so slightly faster.

The equivalent EMR propagation speed in coppr is 0.75c

And the EMR propagation speed in a vacuum is c (and according
to Einstein it doesn't matter how fast you are travelling at
the time.)

Of course this assumes that anyone wants to know... Quite
frankly I was having a good time listening to everyone blame
thost nasty horrible slow routers for the missing 30ms. :-)

   Geoff