Re: ATM (was Re: too many routes)

  • From: Sean M. Doran
  • Date: Sun Sep 14 13:30:31 1997

Steve Goldstein <[email protected]> writes:

> At 9:37 PM -0400 9/11/97, Richard Irving wrote:
> >Now, the North American Continent is about a 4000 mile trip .... This is
> >a VERY ROUGH estimate.
>
> DARN!  And here United has been crediting me with just 24xx Frequent Flier
> miles for the trip.  I wanna recount!

He did say "the North American Continent", and it does get
slightly wider farther north.  (The Trans-Canada Highway,
for example, is 7600 km long, or 4720 or so miles).  North
America is also very long north-to-south.

http://www-nais.ccm.emr.ca:80/wwwnais/select/northamr/english/html/en-a.html
gives a decent view of the continent.

Don't let your mind be as narrow as the "contiguous" parts
of your country. :-)

	Sean.