Re: gated.conf

  • From: Neil J. McRae
  • Date: Wed Sep 10 04:02:20 1997

On Tue, 9 Sep 1997 18:02:57 -0500 (CDT)
 Joe Shaw <[email protected]> wrote:

> Ok, thanks to all the people who helped me out with my gated.conf
> problems.  Although not exactly what I needed to know at the time, it did
> teach me a lot about what I was trying to do, and the rest came a little
> easier.  One problem I'm having, is I've got several regular expression
> statemenst I'm trying to use to filter my routes to one of my upstream
> carriers.  I had a t1 to this upstream to test out how much we liked their
> network, and now we're moving up to oc-3 to them.  What we've done is
> purchased a GRF for this link, and run the ATM into it.  I'd like to
> duplicate the as-path access-list for the oc-3.  The Cisco config
> follows.
>
> ip as-path access-list 31 deny _3831_
> ip as-path access-list 31 deny _701_
> ip as-path access-list 31 deny _114_
> ip as-path access-list 31 deny _6302_
> ip as-path access-list 31 deny ^4259 .*
> ip as-path access-list 31 deny ^3817 .*
> ip as-path access-list 31 permit .*
>
> These do the job on my network, and I'm happy with them.
> On the GRF, I've done this to try and duplicate them:

OK Change this to:

export proto bgp as 3831 {
	proto bgp aspath .* origin any { all; };
	proto bgp aspath 3831 origin any restrict;
	proto bgp aspath 701 origin any restrict;
	proto bgp aspath 6302 origin any restrict;
	proto bgp aspath 4259 * origin any restrict;
	proto bgp aspath 3817 * origin any restrict;
}

I think this is correct, but if it isn't working I'd
move the the top clause to the bottom and put the others above [order is
important, but the order isn't _yet_ documented] You should have a look
at filter declations such as this below:

define filter "AS-3831"
{
	proto bgp aspath .* origin any { all; };
        proto bgp aspath 3831 origin any restrict;
        proto bgp aspath 701 origin any restrict;
        proto bgp aspath 6302 origin any restrict;
        proto bgp aspath 4259 * origin any restrict;
        proto bgp aspath 3817 * origin any restrict;
};

Then do:

export proto bgp as 6453 "AS-3831";

Note that I've not tried doing the above, but it should work, it means
you can %include filters and makes your gated.conf files much easier to
read.

Hope this helps,

Neil
--
Neil J. McRae. Alive and Kicking.       Domino: In the glow of the night.
[email protected]        NetBSD/sparc: 100% SpF (Solaris protection Factor)