Re: Flamed for off topic...

  • From: Michael Dillon
  • Date: Tue Sep 09 14:15:44 1997

At 6:29 PM +0100 9/9/97, Andrew Crawford wrote:
>On Tue, 9 Sep 1997, Michael Dillon wrote:
>
>> Wouldn't you just ask the dGix operators to find out this? And don't you
>> think this kind of question would find a better answer on RIPE's European
>> operators list?
>
>Why would a question about connections between Europe and North America
>necessarily be better asked on a European mailing list than a North
>American one?

It wouldn't. But your questions were specifically about connections into
dGix and Telehouse London and I rather expect that European operators will
be more familiar with what is happening at those two exchange points. In
addition, the Europeans could comment intelligently on other exchange
points to touch down at that you may not have considered.

Now if you had asked us where to touch down in North America with a new
connection then I'm sure we would all have some interesting opinions.

Michael Dillon                    voice: +1-650-482-2840
Senior Systems Architect            fax: +1-650-482-2844
PRIORI NETWORKS, INC.              http://www.priori.net

"The People You Know.  The People You Trust."