Re: uunet + ans == ??

  • From: Scott Huddle
  • Date: Tue Sep 09 10:16:03 1997

Josh,

Those are really interesting numbers. When you say
"destination AS", are you counting that as "next hop" or
"last hop"?  I think the 40% number for 701 is counting
"all that is reached by 701", i.e. "next hop" as opposed
to that which is just within 701 i.e. "last hop"

I'd be interested, though probably not in this forum, to
hear what others have measured using these two different
techniques, as it helps us plan our networks better.

-scott