Re: Spam protection for larger networks (Was Re: Spammer Bust)

  • From: Peter Marelas
  • Date: Sun Sep 07 00:41:17 1997

You should also take a look at smtpd from Obtuse (ftp://ftp.obtuse.com/pub/smtpd/beta)
It allows you to block relaying in many different ways some of which you dont
see in sendmail filters. For instance, you can refuse relaying for
IP X because ip X's authorative name servers dont include Y.

Its also flexible in deploying a single file across all your mail servers
which takes care of relaying and spam.

Regards
Peter Marelas
--
Phase One Interactive - Sun Solaris/Unix/Networking Consultant
P.O Box 549, Templestowe 3106 Melbourne, Australia