Re: Anyone Deployed Ascend's GRF IP Switch?

  • From: Neil J. McRae
  • Date: Fri Sep 05 04:51:45 1997

On Thu, 4 Sep 1997 23:10:07 -0400 (EDT)
 Damon Hammis <[email protected]> wrote:

> I seem to have made a mistake in terms here.  gdcreconfig doesn't
> *restart* gated, but it does/did disrupt it when ran before.

I have been using gated for years now, on sparcs, PC's, BSD/OS, NetBSD,
Xylan Omniswitch, Ascend-GRF, Morningstar routers and I've never had gdc
reconfig cause any disruption other than when the operator misconfigured
something. This is the same for any router when you reconfigure things
changes happen.

Regards,
Neil.
--
Neil J. McRae. Alive and Kicking.       Domino: In the glow of the night.
[email protected]        NetBSD/sparc: 100% SpF (Solaris protection Factor)