Re: FBI calls for mandatory key escrow; Denning on export ctrls

  • From: Wayne Bouchard
  • Date: Thu Sep 04 01:48:22 1997

> On Wed, 3 Sep 1997, Jordan Mendelson wrote:
>
> > Makes you just want to move to Mars and start all over doesn't it?
>
> The problem would soon reappear, as all the people that know anything about
> the technology want nothing to do with government.  I guess we get what
> we deserve for allowing them to govern us eh?  :)

An appropriate extract from Douglas Adams (_The Restaurant at the End
of the Universe_):

 It is a well known fact that the people who must want to rule are, ipso
 facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting
 themselves elected President should on no account be allowed to do
 the job.

Substitute "President" with your favorite political office...

Wayne Bouchard                             GlobalCenter
[email protected]
Primenet Network Engineering               Internet Solutions for
(602) 416-6422   800-373-2499 x6422        Growing Businesses
FAX: (602) 416-9422
http://www.primenet.com                    http://www.globalcenter.net