RE: FBI calls for mandatory key escrow; Denning on export ctrls

  • From: Jordan Mendelson
  • Date: Wed Sep 03 22:36:07 1997

On Wednesday, September 03, 1997 7:34 PM, Charles Sprickman
[SMTP:[email protected]] wrote:

> > MR. FREEH:
> > We work, as you know, particularly in the
> > pedophile cases, with on-line services who give us,
>
> For God's sake, what is the obsession with pedophiles??  How many
> pedophiles pgp encode their porn??

Seriously, they try to grasp at the smallest things.

If I lock my porn in a 40 ft thick steel safe, does that mean I have to give
uncle sam a key if they ask?

US Government restrictions (and a few other anal countries out there), are
getting silly. When the law is being made by people who don't understand the
problem, people who don't understand the benefits, and people who have no clue
what they are making the laws for, then we have a serious issue on our hands
and it's time we start thinking about getting some knowledgable people into
office.

Makes you just want to move to Mars and start all over doesn't it?

Jordan
--
Jordan Mendelson     : www.wserv.com/~jordy/
Web Services, Inc.   : www.wserv.com