Re: perf #s for GRF vs 7500 Re: Anyone Deployed Ascend's GRF IP S witch?

  • From: Rob Skrobola
  • Date: Wed Aug 27 14:57:10 1997

Chris,
	Really, I wasn't comparing. Mostly I was just responding to the
bgp memory usage issue, and noted load on the boxes to indicate that
these were not unused boxes doing that number of peers.

  >From: "Chris A. Icide" <[email protected]>

  >	Comparing your BAY routers to everyone elses is like comparing a
  >top fuel dragster to someones 69 Chevelle street racer.  You folks have some
  >heavily modified software and hardware, from what I understand.

	Actually, we use stock bcn/bln hardware. As to general
availability of the software mods, I don't really know..

		RobS