Re: Is this just a rumor?

  • From: J.D. Falk
  • Date: Tue Aug 26 13:56:58 1997

On Aug 26, Lincoln Silver <[email protected]> wrote:

> I heard a rumor that the InterNic is no longer going to make contact
> information public. Is this true? If I do a "whois," will I no longer
> get contact info? Can someone shed light on this rumor?

	I didn't hear anything like that from the various NSI
	folks at ISPCON; doesn't mean it isn't true, but I'd
	say it's unlikely.

	More likely, this is a misunderstanding of what they
	/did/ do, which is stop making the zone files for .COM,
	.NET, and .ORG anonymously FTP'able.

	If you can prove you've got a good reason to FTP 'em,
	they'll give you a login and password; I know of a few
	people who've done it already.

	For more rumours of this type, check out the inet-access
	mailing list, <[email protected]>.

J.D. Falk                         voice: +1-415-482-2840
Supervisor, Network Operations      fax: +1-415-482-2844
PRIORI NETWORKS, INC.              http://www.priori.net

"The People You Know.  The People You Trust."