Re: ICMP Attacks???????

  • From: Jay R. Ashworth
  • Date: Tue Aug 26 10:42:14 1997

On Mon, Aug 25, 1997 at 11:59:46PM -0700, Joe Rhett wrote:
> Your idea is to waste CPU cycles to prevent people from reading the manual.

No; they're not readong the manual _anyway_.

> > I've yet to have anyone explain to me why adding a requirement to tell
> > the router that a given port has other routers behind it, instead of
> > hosts, "won't work in many, many implementations"... by which I assume
> > you mean many networks, rather than many router brands.
>
> You obviously fail to understand corporate networks. Since corporate
> networks are still 90-9?% of the router business, your requirements for
> what the 'Net needs are irrelevant.

I'd be interested in the source of that statistic... and I thought the
primary focus of NANOG was on networks which _were_ part of the
Internet, but then...

> > Pointers?
[ reply... at which point it becamse as apparent to me as it was to the
  rest of y'all that I was fighting out of my weight ]
> Real code, real purpose, real function. Not code to prevent people from
> reading the manual.

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                                                [email protected]
The Suncoast Freenet      "People propose, science studies, technology