flow export and cflowd

  • From: Dorn Hetzel
  • Date: Mon Aug 25 18:20:32 1997

An operational report:

We installed rsp-p-mz.111-13a.CA1.bin this weekend on one router
in Atlanta.  So far, so good, no meltdowns or mystery behavior.

We are also now exporting version 5 flow data to cflowd running
on Linux (slackware flavor) with no problems.  Linux wasn't
listed as a tested OS, but no problems were encountered;  the
./configure; make; make install process did the trick with no
glitches.

For anyone considering giving it a try, cflowd was painless to
set up and is producing very cool data even on our first day
with it.

A big thanks to the authors for some great bits.

	-Dorn