Re: Anyone Deployed Ascend's GRF IP Switch?

  • From: Joe Shaw
  • Date: Sun Aug 24 15:04:18 1997

The new name for the BFR (Big F**king Router) is the GSR.  As much as I
like cisco and it's configurablility, The Ascend GRF is still a very
powerful box for a lot less than the biggest cisco out there that can't
perform close to it.  The only problem I have with the GRF is that if
you're a newbie to GateD, then it will take you a bit of tinkering to get
a working setup.  This was my case since I'm much more accustomed to the
Cisco way of doing things.  However, the GRF is a nice change.

Joe Shaw - [email protected]
NetAdmin - Insync Internet Services
"Learn more, and you will never starve." - Paraphrase of Lee