Dial-in access

  • From: Jan Novak
  • Date: Wed Aug 13 06:46:57 1997

Hi,
I have a question, which is not really operational but rather technological one.
It concerns the Internet dial-in access. I hope there are several dial-in ISPs, not only transit ones, among you.
Let me explain the situation.
We are a "emerging" LEC in Czech Republic. Our aim is to build a wireless access network for data and telephony services. The wireless base stations will be connected to the voice and data switches, which will be interconnected via SDH network together.
The problem is following: We expect a huge amount of Internet dial-in users, which will connect to the ISPs via our regular telephony service. We need to find a device, which will be placed between the base station and voice switch and capable to detect (based on the called number) the call to the ISPs, terminated it (e.g. completely bypass the voice switch) and provide some data interface, which will be connected to the ISP on the ordinary IP level.We know, in US you are facing the same problems with this kind of un-needed voice switches overload, your help will be very usefull for us.

My question is:

Do somebody of you use some kind of this rerouting or DXCs bypass and with which devices or is this functionality included directly in the voice switch ???
Only pointers to vendors are quite sufficient - Nortel´s  "Internet Thruway" can be a example.

Thanks very much.