NSI Bulletin 097-006 | New gtld server

  • From: David H. Holtzman, Sr VP Engineering,Network Solutions,Inc.
  • Date: Fri Aug 08 23:22:55 1997

As mentioned in the 5 year plan with the NSF and as has been
discussed with IANA, there is now a gtld only DNS server that
is serving com, net, and org.  The name of the new machine is:

  j.gtld-servers.internic.net 198.41.0.21

It will be running in experimental mode while we ascertain
operational impact.  At some future point, we will be bringing up
other machines to better distribute the load for .tld-related
lookups.

This machine will be temporarily housed at NSI till a suitable
home is found.

David H. Holtzman
Senior Vice President of Engineering
Network Solutions, Inc.