Re: Implementing anti-abuse techniques on ISP networks....

  • From: Andy Pitts
  • Date: Wed Aug 06 18:49:20 1997

> I don't know about the "huge players", but we're an Internet Service
> Provider, not an Internet Blockage Provider.  We don't allow spoofing,
> and we don't allow relaying, but we're not about to put filters
> to prevent dialup customers from connecting wherever they want.

I too, am a small Internet Service Provider, and I too, don't want
to block sites that my users may want to access.  But there seems
to be a few domains that do nothing but generate spam.  Am I not
providing a service to my users if I prevent them from being
smothered with spam from those sites?
--
Andy Pitts                 : "Knowledge is a deadly friend
[email protected]         :  When no one sets the rules."