Re: web CGIs for Bay Networks routers?

  • From: Jon Green
  • Date: Tue Aug 05 20:23:32 1997

On Mon, 4 Aug 1997 17:14:40 -0700 (PDT), [email protected] writes:

>Has anybody written any web CGIs for Bay Networks routers that they'd like to
>share with me?
>
>I'm looking for something that either extracts the data from the SNMP MIB or
>from the Technician Interface via telnet, simple stuff like displaying the
>IP routing table, the BGP routes, etc.  Site Manager under MS-Windows is just
>too slow and painful for doing this routine kind of stuff.....

A simpler way would be to just telnet to the router and type
'show ip routes' or 'show bgp routes' (or for a different look,
'ip routes' and 'ip bgp routes').  I guess you could try to automate
that into a CGI script, but what's the point, if speed is what you're
looking for?

-Jon

    *      Jon Green            *         "Life's a dance             *
   *   [email protected]       *          you learn as you go"        *
  *  Finger for Geek Code/PGP   *                                       *
 *  #include "std_disclaimer.h" * http://www.netins.net/showcase/jcgreen *