Re: [FYI] Broadcasts at NAPs

  • From: Glynn Stanton
  • Date: Sat Aug 02 23:53:41 1997

I knew as soon as I hit send that Id messed that up... obviously it cant
use HDLC or it wouldnt work on Ethernet/tokenring/fddi etc...

cdp is a media and protocol independnt protocol that runs athe data-link
layer, sending periodic messages to a multicast address.

yes it would use hdlc for serial lines, but not for anything else.

Sorry for any oconfusion.
Glynn