Re: how to protect name servers against cache corruption

  • From: Aleph One
  • Date: Sat Aug 02 23:53:40 1997

On Thu, 31 Jul 1997, Paul A Vixie wrote:

> apparently not.  i have yet to be impressed by the depth of understanding
> of security in general or of dns in particular shown on the bugtraq list.
> that list has a lot of hanger-on wanna-be fear-uncertainty-doubt types and
> the folks who actually have a clue seem to mostly just lurk.

Thats an opinion. Guess the other 12K subscribers disagree. No offence
Paul but seeing that you a history of not fixing security related bugs
when they where told to you months in advance (remember cron?) I dont put
much weight on your opinion of BugTraq.

> i am still waiting for a demonstration of this bug, with or without a patch.
>
> "send code."

send money

Aleph One / [email protected]
http://underground.org/
KeyID 1024/948FD6B5
Fingerprint EE C9 E8 AA CB AF 09 61  8C 39 EA 47 A8 6A B8 01