DNS Root server updating auth zone

  • From: Wayne Hall
  • Date: Sat Aug 02 23:52:39 1997

I have been asked to take over the DNS/Sendmail services at my company and
in looking over the system I noticed several messages in the logs that look
like the following:

 named[85]: [192.5.5.241].53 attempted update to auth zone "vie.com"
(VIE.com)

Because the IPs are all from the root DNS servers and the db.cache was out
of date, I updated it with the most current and restarted in.named. A day
later and I am still receiving the errors. Everything looks to be correct
when compared to my DNS and Bind manual. Is this a normal message or any
ideas what might be wrong? We are running SunOS 4.1.3 with the native BIND.

Thanks
Wayne Hall
Network Manager
VIE

PS - I apologize if this is the wrong area to post this type of question.