Re: An end to spam through Graphnet

  • From: Jon Lewis
  • Date: Sat Aug 02 23:52:31 1997

On Fri, 1 Aug 1997, Bill Woodcock wrote:

>           Jon taught J.D. to suck eggs thusly:
>         > I just implemented the check_* stuff on my server...it works
>         > great and was fairly easy to do...
>
>     I noticed that the LocalIP stuff wasn't actually working, but haven't
>     had a chance to check into why yet...  Anybody actually seen that one
>     in action?

I've been using it successfully for several months, and have the LocalUser
thing setup such that I can exempt certain addresses (the vocal
complainers who travel or have accounts with multiple providers) from the
anti-relaying rules.  Have a look at
http://inorganic5.fdt.net/~jlewis/spam.txt
It's based largely Claus's rules, but tries to explain them a bit more.

"How do I configure my router for that?": You run sendmail on your router?!?

 Jon Lewis <[email protected]>  |  Unsolicited commercial e-mail will
 Network Administrator       |  be proof-read for $199/message.
 Florida Digital Turnpike    |
________Finger [email protected] for PGP public key_______