Re: Summary of ANTI-spam techniques now available

  • From: Larry Vaden
  • Date: Sat Aug 02 23:52:05 1997
  • Posted-date: Sat, 2 Aug 1997 13:26:46 -0500 (CDT)

At 04:53 AM 8/2/97 -0400, Marty Lyons wrote:

>I just finished a writeup which covers anti-spam methods using:
>
>- route filters
>- the sendmail check_* techniques
>- Eudora filters
>
>The more people running sites who have this information, the better.

Graham Toal, a TISPA member, replaces routine CHECKCOMPAT (which was
designed to be local code) in conf.c in sendmail with extensive code.  His
approach has made Eric Allman's www.sendmail.org page and can be found at
<http://www.gtoal.com/spam/sendmail.html>.

Graham indicates "Anyone else who is not a Tispa member who wishes to use
this code
must request and be given explicit permission from me."