Re: Internic does it again

  • From: Matthew James Gering
  • Date: Wed Jul 30 19:35:58 1997

>Because of the pending IPO, the InterNIC is in a 90 day quiet period. Even
>if they have hired a PR person/group/agency, that entity couldn't really do
>their job until after the IPO. I believe that this is an SEC regulation.

Bullshit. We are all customers of InterNIC, they are providing service under
contract with us. They have a right, and we have a right to demand that they
keep us informed on any issues that may affect that services. This is a
vendor/client issue, not a vendor/public issue. If they are forced to email
their customer base directly instead of posting on appropriate forums during
that 90 days then fine, but it is definitely something that should and needs
to be done.

        Matt