TLD .ES screw up

  • From: Miguel A. Sanz. RedIRIS/CSIC
  • Date: Wed Jul 30 12:19:04 1997

We hate to have to deal with this in public lists, but there seems to be
the only way InterNIC reacts to problems these days :-(

Top level domain .es was screw up by InterNIC in yesterday's root zone
update. They've added an unauthorized NS without our request, knowledge or
consent.

We've been trying to get InterNIC to solve the problem ASAP (as it is
affecting access to nearly 200.000 hosts under .es) sending messages
to [email protected], [email protected] and a couple of their
management staff (see below) without success. We even were ingenuous enough
to try to get some techical knowledgeable person on the phone but...
first we got redirected to the IANA phone number!, second try (after
convincing the operator that InterNIC is also in charge the root zone not
only the .com .net .org domains) we had our contact data taken with the
promise of a phone back by a technician which hasn't happened yet.

So my questions now:

Does any one know a direct way to reach the InterNIC technical staff to solve
this kind of urgent problems?

Shouldn't there be a specific set up of procedures, forms and communication
channels between the managers of the root zone and the TLD managers?

Any help will be appreciated.

Miguel A. Sanz
ES-NIC

                            /_/
Miguel A. Sanz       __            __       Email: [email protected]
RedIRIS/CSIC        /_/  RedIRIS  /_/              Tel:    + 34 1 5855152
Serrano 142                __                      Fax:    + 34 1 5855146
E-28006  Madrid           /_/
SPAIN                                                 Network Manager
____________ Spanish Academic & Research Network ________________________

--- Forwarded mail from "Miguel A. Sanz. RedIRIS/CSIC" <[email protected]>