Re: ANS etc.

  • From: Douglas Jardine
  • Date: Wed Jul 30 11:47:00 1997

First, thanks for the replies.

>> [4] Some recent threads on NANOG discussed physical layer issues like
>>     SONET, SDH, circuit layout etc. Could somebody point me to
>> technical papers / articles / books which describe fiber and
>> copper technology in detail.
>
>Ask in comp.dcom.telecom.tech.

Judging from the answers to this question, I gather I didn't phrase
the question correctly. What I am looking for some is practical
literature on fiber and copper technology - stuff which network
operators and designers need and use. I would have guessed there
would be an equivalent to say what the Stevens Books are to TCP/IP.

Or have most people on this list learnt their skill by experience
only?

-dj