Re: how to protect name servers against cache corruption

  • From: Ben Black
  • Date: Tue Jul 29 21:33:33 1997

> > Noone in the security field has any right to expect any implementation of
> > DNS to be secure until DNSSEC is widely implemented.

this statement bothers me.  certainly without DNSSEC there can be no
*assurances* of security, but there is a gaping chasm between the current
system and DNSSEC that could be closed significantly with proper design.

simply stating that until DNSSEC arrives these attacks are going to be
allowed is a copout.

ben