Re: NSI bulletin 097-005 | Reissuing deleted domain names

  • From: J.D. Falk
  • Date: Tue Jul 29 20:10:40 1997

On Jul 29, Taner Halicioglu <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Jul 1997, David H. Holtzman wrote:
>
> > Effective immediately, Network Solutions will reinstitute deletion of
> > unpaid domain names.
>
> Hmm.  Does this mean immediate deletion?  As in, no ON-HOLD period?  Is
> this wise, considering the many bookkeeping foul-ups that have caused
> domains to go mistakenly ON-HOLD?  I know of at least 2 or maybe 3 of our
> customers that have had this happen to them recently.

	I think that what David's saying is that the temporary halt
	of all deletions is over, and things are now back to normal.

	Whether that "normal" is good or bad is a flamewar for some
	other list.  *grin*

J.D. Falk                         voice: +1-415-482-2840
Supervisor, Network Operations      fax: +1-415-482-2844
PRIORI NETWORKS, INC.              http://www.priori.net
See us at ISPCON '97, booth #501
"The People You Know.  The People You Trust."