Re: "1997, the Year of the Backhoe" ...Re: Fiber Cut In Sterling VA.

  • From: Jay R. Ashworth
  • Date: Tue Jul 29 12:46:06 1997

On Tue, Jul 29, 1997 at 11:49:31AM -0400, Paul Ferguson wrote:
> At 04:16 PM 07/29/97 +0100, Peter Galbavy wrote:
> >> "1997, the Year of the Backhoe"
> >For those of us who have not grown up with the (what sounds like)
> >delightful vagaries of US road management - what is a backhoe ?
>
> There is a picture of prominently displayed at:
>  http://www.cat.com/products/equip/bhl/bhl.htm
>
> The backhoe portion is the rear-end attachment used to dig
> trenches.  :-)

So, is anyone from cat.com on the list?  I'm sure they'd be happy to
know that three people independently referenced _the exact same page_
to illustrate this scourge of our existence...

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                                                [email protected]
The Suncoast Freenet      "People propose, science studies, technology