Re: Internic does it again

  • From: Stephen Sprunk
  • Date: Mon Jul 28 16:25:42 1997

At 12:19 07-28-97 -0400, David Stoddard <[email protected]> wrote:
>	   [Case in point -- before Dave Holtzman started posting on NANOG
>	   a few weeks ago, I can't remember anytime when an SVP at the
>	   InterNIC cared enough to post anything to the NANOG list.]

Well, it's nice that he posted something, but why did he have to wait until
16 hours after the problem occurred [1]?  Someone else noticed the problem
and sent a message to NANOG in UNDER 3 MINUTES [2].  Holtzman also made no
mention in this notice about how a sysadmin overrode the "quality
assurance" mechanisms or that they have made any effort to prevent future
occurances of the same problem(s).

Too little, too late.

Stephen