Re: Internic does it again

  • From: Jay R. Ashworth
  • Date: Mon Jul 28 13:26:46 1997

On Mon, Jul 28, 1997 at 12:19:34PM -0400, David Stoddard wrote:
> 	While is is easy to blame the InterNIC and NSI for all the evils
> 	in the world, the InterNIC of five years ago (or even one year ago)
> 	is not the InterNIC that exists today.  Last week I went to Network
> 	Solutions to meet with Dave Holtzman (SVP of Engineering) on an
> 	unrelated matter, and while I was there I got a chance to observe
> 	first hand the metamorphosis that has transpired over the past year.
> 	Here are just a few points that everyone should be aware of:

And David proceeds to tell us why the InterNIC is so great.

Ok, David.  Fine  They are equipped technically.  As you note, of
course, they _have_ to be, they're the InterNIC.

But answer this: why is it that _you_ have to be the one to tell us this?

The major complaint I hear about the InterNIC isn't that they're
arrogant, it's that their a black hole.  Or worse, a roach motel:
complaints check in, but they don't check out.

That's exactly the problem I have with them.  They need a PR person,
with an extensive background in the culture of the net, and the power
to get things done... and they need one _now_.

Cheers,
-- jr 'silent period or not' a
--
Jay R. Ashworth                                                [email protected]
The Suncoast Freenet      "People propose, science studies, technology