Re: Non-ISP companies multi-homing?

  • From: Tim Gibson
  • Date: Sat Jul 26 15:38:02 1997

On Fri, 25 Jul 1997, Eric Germann wrote:

> use.  Then follow your own guidelines and maybe the startups won't bitch so
> much...
>
> You can bet when people start paying for addresses there gonna be pretty
> pissed when they aren't fully routable.

Eric,
	Ping sweeping will only give NSI/InterNIC a rough estimate of
current online use. A route could be down at the time of sweep on one
end, and on the other a single web box could be using 50 IPs. Changes
would deffinately be welcome in policy. Policing via an "are you awake"
really shouldn't be one of them.

BTW I am one of those that constantly has to scrounge for IP space.

Tim Gibson
Skyscape Communications