RE: Non-ISP companies multi-homing?

  • From: root
  • Date: Fri Jul 25 14:50:57 1997

On Fri, 25 Jul 1997, Eric Germann wrote:

> negates the whole purpose of multihoming from their perspective.  Does
> Gannett or Pointcast have >= 8K hosts exposed on their DMZ networks?

No, but we have around  8K devices using our legal address space.  Just
because I don't currently expose my hosts doesn't mean I don't want the
option to be able to.  When we registered, firewalls weren't the
up-and-coming thing, but then I've also got a /23 being routed via my AS.

Most of that comes from the fact that my addresses are pre-CIDR customer
registered ones.  Once again, it's back to the whole aggragation of
routes vs. disaggragation of traffic.

There, now that I've used disaggragation in a sentence, I'll sit down and
shut up.

Paul
Paul D. Robertson
[email protected]