Re: Bonded Pipes

  • From: Joe Shaw
  • Date: Fri Jul 25 10:53:10 1997

On Thu, 24 Jul 1997, Scott Landman wrote:

> Does anyone out there have any comment on some of the new, bonded pipe
> products like the WebRamp M3 or Transendmodem?  From what I understand they
> are saying that multiple lines can be aggregated to act as one, virtual
> line.

Seems possible, but I haven't looked at the white papers on it.

> My question is:  will the ISPs support multiple sessions from the same
> account (name/password) without charging N X the number of lines per hour?
> If yes, then these like like cheap alternatives to ISDN.  If not, is there
> any benefit to aggregating?
>

>From the Trancell documentation I saw, they do seem to indicate that
you'll most likely need one account per channel.  I also know that since
most ISPs make it a part of their acceptable use policy that you only get
one dialin at a time unless your paying for different service, that you
probably won't get away with doing multiple logins for long.

Joe Shaw - [email protected]
NetAdmin - Insync Internet Services