DNS

  • From: Bill Unsworth
  • Date: Fri Jul 25 05:46:08 1997

I am not a techie :-)) but it seems to me that the real
power re DNS lies not with adhoc committees but
with the ISPs. If we collectively choose to point our
DNS at other than Internic then new domains will exist
without ad-hoc committees, government interference
etc. Obviously there is concern about some of the current
attempts to provide DNS not being really answerable to
the ISP community and hence their lack of success.

What do you think? Action by NANOG members to get out
of the current poor situation rather than leaving it
to fate?

Bill

U-NET Limited - Global Transit Division
mailto:[email protected] http://world.u-net.net