Re: Quote from Kashpureff / Re: question about per. hack

  • From: Stephen Sprunk
  • Date: Tue Jul 22 18:38:49 1997

You call the long-known and well-publisized attack against servers not
running current versions of essential system software elegant?

People, the net is not falling apart because Kashpureff knows how to fake a
glue record; people who don't keep up with the security of their systems
are (of course) having their security compromised.

This is not an operational issue; this is a sysadmin-being-lazy issue.
Please take it off NANOG.

Stephen

At 15:32 07-22-97 -0500, you wrote:
>I'm sick of paying the NIC to, and in reality I think Kashpureff's hack is
>pretty elegant.

  However, I disagree that capitalism is /pure evil/.  Once

--
Unsolicited commercial/propaganda email subject to legal action.  Under US
Code Title 47, Sec.227(a)(2)(B), Sec.227(b)(1)(C), and Sec.227(b)(3)(C), a