Re: Quote from Kashpureff / Re: question about per. hack

  • From: Christopher Masto
  • Date: Tue Jul 22 18:01:37 1997

On Tue, Jul 22, 1997 at 02:36:54PM -0700, Ted Timmons wrote:
> At 05:32 PM 7/22/97 -0400, Christopher Masto wrote:
> >> With the latest free email, web pages, etc (juno, hotmail, geocities), it
> >> wouldn't take too long for someone to come up with free DNS, MXing, etc..
>
> >I _wouldn't_ discourage registration.  That's the point.
>
> So exactly _how_ would you keep millions of people from registering domain
> names? Even if it _weren't_ free (I'll argue that another time), you'd
> still have tons of people (I'll generalize, and assume they're high school
> students that couldn't afford the $100) that would be signing up for domain
> registration because they're going though a cheap ISP.

Gee, the horror.  Affordable Internet services.
--
= Christopher Masto        = [email protected] = http://www.netmonger.net/  =
= NetMonger Communications = finger for  PGP key = $19.95/mo unlimited access =

v---(cut here)---v
    --
    [email protected]
    "Keep in mind that anything Kibo says makes a great sig."  -- Kibo