Re: Quote from Kashpureff / Re: question about per. hack

  • From: Curt Howland
  • Date: Tue Jul 22 17:34:49 1997

> > taking money for an essential service and trying to make a profit, is
> > PURE EVIL and goes against everything that I belive "the net" should be.
>
> Sure! Money, of course, is the root of all evil.

No, LOVE OF MONEY is the root of all evil, or so the quote
goes.

Basically envey, jelousy, coveting your neighbors YP-X...

> NSI does a good job at what they do, and 50 bucks a year really isn't
> much to whine about.

I have no problem with paying them, when I choose to use them.
The fact that they are the only game in town, by goverment
fiat, is objectionable.

Honestly, I like the idea of competing NIC's. Not exactly sure
how to do it without just as much an arbitrary fiat as what
I object to in the first place. The *idea* of the Alternic is
excelent. Their execution is prosecutable.

> Grow up Mr. Mathias. Profit is the only reason you have a job, food in
> your grocery store, and an Internet to complain about.

Couldn't agree more. Viva la almighty BUCK.

> Jesse "I'm Capitalist and I'm proud" Caulfield.

Curt-