Re: question about per. hack

  • From: Tim Gibson
  • Date: Tue Jul 22 13:37:20 1997

On Tue, 22 Jul 1997, Ray Davis wrote:

> Why not just block all his garbage NSes and the fantasy NSes he's
> pointing to?  A quick scan of `dig @nyc.alternic.net . axfr' reveals
> the entries I've enclosed at the bottom.  The unique IPs in this list
> are below and we've blocked them all at our border so none of out NSes
> can get polluted by them.  Why not do the same?
>
> Cheers,
> Ray
>
> ===== Unique set of IPs from the alternic fantasy tld list =====
<snip>
>       205.206.189.3
<snip>
> 	207.107.232.3
<snip>

These addresses is under my care. Eugene does NOT have access to them. They
are NOT part of the Alternic scheme anymore. They were used during the
"experimental" phase of Alternic. Before you haphazardly start blocking
addresses you should do your research completely. I've got no problems
telling my customers ..."Sorry sir, you can't reach carpe.net because
they have poor filtering practices." You'll probably find many others in
your hit list that are nolonger connected to the Alternic.

Tim Gibson
Skyscape Communications